Promotions & Upcoming Events

June 1, 2012
Release of new annual catalog

Thursday, December 22, 2011

More Christmas Treats with SU Cello Bags and Kraft boxes


As gifts to my co-workers this year, I went ahead and baked (again) some of my chocolate chocolate chip cookies. It took every ounce of will power I had not to "sample" any as I took them out of the oven! I boxed them in Stampin Up's Kraft Gift Boxes (#124106), and Stampin Up's large cello bags.




The Kraft gift boxes are the perfect size for cookies! I decorated the sides and top of the boxes with pieces of Letters to Santa DSP, and created a window using the Decorative Label Punch and window sheets. For some embellishment, I created little poinsettias (which I must say I am very proud of) using the 5-petal flower punch, boho blossoms punch, and neutrals glimmer brads.





Here is a better photo of the little poinsettias. Using Poppy Parade cardstock, I punched two flowers with the 5-petal flower punch. To add some texture, I used the small end of my embossing tool and "drew" lines on the flower. Quick tip - I did this on the soft mat that comes with Stampin Up's mat pack. I found this really helps soften the paper to make it look like a real flower! I also punched a small flower from the boho blossoms punch and used the same softening technique. I layered the 3 pieces together and embellished the center with my neutrals glimmer brads. I am really really happy with how they turned out!


I also packaged some of the cookies in cello bags. Stampin Ups' cello bags come in 3 sizes - large (6"x8"), medium (4"x6"), and small (3"x5"), and provide a quick and simply way to doll up homemade treats! I used the large cello bags here. I embellished one bag with Marina Mist satin ribbon, and the other with Old Olive ribbon (from the Elementary Ribbon Originals set found in my online store clearance rack).



For some added "umph," I used Stampin Up's My Digital Studio (MDS) program to create tags for them. The tag seen here was part of the Home for the Holidays download (which I think I had downloaded for free). The tags were part of template, so they were SUPER easy to print out. They were punched out perfectly with the 1 1/4" circle punch. Easy breezy tag!

I hope you like what you see here! I would really appreciate your comments and feedback! Thank you and Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...