Promotions & Upcoming Events

June 1, 2012
Release of new annual catalog

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sweet & Simple Sunday - Card Project

Despite all the cards I like to make, sometimes I feel I never have enough simple blank note cards on hand whenever I want to send a quick thank you or hello to someone. Then after digging around in my "miscellaneous" items drawer in my craft room, I found some unused plain blank note cards that I had gotten from Michaels a few years back. I decided these would make a perfect base to create some quick and simple thank you and "hello" note cards.


The card base is made from card stock that is very similar to SU's Confetti White card stock and measures 3x5" when folded.

I used the Just Believe stamp set here, and I used the "stamp off" technique for the image. This technique is very simple and creates a nice almost shadow type of effect. First, I inked the image with Early Espresso ink (making sure the stamp is well inked). Then I stamped the image onto my paper to create the darkest version of the image. Next, without re-inking the stamp, I just stamped the image again on the card front and slight off of the first image I stamped.

I stamped "thank you" onto this one card, but left the rest blank. Since this card is so simple, I can easily stamp pretty much any sentiment I like once the need arises.

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...