Promotions & Upcoming Events

June 1, 2012
Release of new annual catalog

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Gotta Love Lace - PPA 112

Updated Post - It just so happened that I created a card using lace a few days before Pals Paper Arts posted their most recent challenge (PPA112) online. =) This is my first time participating in a PPA challenge so I am SUPER excited!

Stampin Up's Chantilly Crochet Trim (#118480) is a great way to add the little extra "something" to your card, scrapbook pages and other projects. Here are two cards I created using the Chantilly Crochet Trim.





Stamps: En Francais background stamp; Medallion background stamp

Paper: Soft Suede CS, Confetti White CS; River Rock CS

Ink: Cherry Cobbler; Regal Rose

Accessories: 1/2" Chantilly Crochet Trim; Rhinestones; Scallop Punch; Beautiful Wings Embosslit Die; Big Shot; Vintage Flower Brad (non-Stampin up); Dazzling Details






I love Stampin Up's new Dazzling Details! After using the Big Shot to cut out the butterflies with the Beautiful Butterflies Embosslit Die, I used the Dazzing Details to fill in the center of the butterflies.



Here is a close-up of the crochet trim. I applied SNAIL adhesive to the card and just scrunched and twisted the ribbon to make the "messy ruffles." I also used a glue dot here and there to help things stay in place.





Here is a photo of the second card I created - also using the Chantilly Crochet Trim as an accent

Stamps: Razzle Dazzle (retired); En Francais Background Stamp

Paper: Real Rust CS (retired); Not Quite Navy CS; Confetti White CS; Blueberry Crisp DSP (retired)

Ink: Not Quite Navy; Crumb Cake

Accessories: 1/2" Chantilly Crochet Trim;  vintage flower brad (non-SU); sponges




2 comments:

  1. I love your messy ruffles! They look so pretty on the cards! Great job! Thanks for joining us at PPA!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...