Promotions & Upcoming Events

June 1, 2012
Release of new annual catalog

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Birdhouse Project


One of the great advantages of being a Stampin Up! demonstrator is having access to a wealth of inspirational resources that always get me motivated and excited to create. One of the fun things I came accross was this mini birdhouse pattern. It is super easy to create! I printed out the template on a sheet of bermuda bay cardstock (retired) and rose red cardstock, cut out the pieces, and assembled it with some SNAIL and TOMO Multi-purpose adhesive.



I used the flower punch from my Itty Bitty Punch set and my crop-o-dile to create the little flowers decorated the entrance hole. Additional supplies used included Thoroughly Modern DSP (retired), 1 1/4" circle punch, and square punch (to create dove tail on banner).

To create the stands for the birdhouses, I took two regular wood pencils and wrapped them with some  more Thoroughly Modern DSP. I punched a hole in the buttom of the birdhouses and inserted the pencils.

It took a little manipulating to get the birdhouses to set nicely, but i got it to work =) Then I took an empty yogurt container that I cleaned out...that's right...an empty yogurt container (i knew saving these empty containers would come in handy at some point) and wrapped it with some more DSP. Wrapping the container was a little bit harder than i thought it would be, but, again, i made it work somehow. The wrapping didn't look as "clean" as I would have liked, but it was presentable. To hide some of the seams and unwrapped parts of the container, I just used some melon mambo polka got grossgrain ribbon and chantilly lace ribbon.

I also needed a filler for the container so I could the birdhouses in there. A friend of mind has this wonderful of idea of just getting a bag of the rocks used for fish tanks since there are pretty inexpensive - so i did that..spent maybe 3 bucks! Then topped it off with some rocks the hubby and I collected when we took a trip to Cape Cod and Martha's Vineyard back in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...