Promotions & Upcoming Events

June 1, 2012
Release of new annual catalog

Saturday, November 12, 2011

My Very Own Winter Wonderland


The holidays will soon be approaching, and what a better way to get into the holiday spirit than to start pulling out the the holiday decorations - on in my case....creating my own! With a little bit of imagination, I created these holiday trees to decorate my crafting space for the holiday season. I also used these trees as part of my display at the Life & Style event my friend organized tonight (more photos from the event to come).  I had a lot of compliments about these trees =) I made me very happy!


To create these beautiful holiday pieces, I used the following Stampin Up supplies: Big Shot, Fun Flowers Bigz Die, 2 3/8" scallop circle punch, 1 3/4" scallop circle punch, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Snow Burst embossing folder, Beautiful Butterfly Bigz Die, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Whisper White Cardstock, Silver Glimmer Paper.



Additional supplies: white styrofoam cones of varying sizes, hot glue gun, straight pins (I used flower pins with the pearl tips so I could just stick it through my finished flower and into the Styrofoam cone).



I accented my trees with butterflies cut from the Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die.  They too we adhered to the Styrofoam cones with the pearl tipped straight pins.





I created a base for the largest of my three holiday trees. The base is actually an empty yogurt container that I washed out. Using SU's Holly Berry Bouquet Designer Fabric and my hot glue gun, I adhered the fabric around the empty container. To clean up the edges, I used 1 1/4 striped Grossgrain Ribbon in Cherry Cobbler that first folded in half and adhered together with my hot glue gun. The "Peace on Earth" sentiment is from the Four the Holidays stamp set.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...