Promotions & Upcoming Events

June 1, 2012
Release of new annual catalog

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Daring Adventure and Extreme Elements

As the new year approaches, like many people, I can't help but start thinking about some of the goals I want to set for myself for the new year. Besides the usual personal goals (namely, eating better and healthier), one of my stamping goals is to create cards that give off a more masculine for vibe. I think I did a pretty good job doing that with Stampin Up's Daring Adventure and Extreme Elements stamp sets =)



Card Recipe:
Paper: Cajun Craze CS; River Rock, CS; Well Worn DSP
Stamps: Daring Adventure; Extreme Elements
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, So Saffron
Tools: Distressing Tool, sponge






The Well Worn DSP in the current IB&C is also a perfect way to add character to your masculine cards. For this card, I used the striped pattern of the Well Worn DSP, and layered it over a piece of River Rock CS. It initially looked a little to plain to me, so, to step it up a bit, I first distressed the edges of the River Rock CS with my distressing tool. Then sponged the edges of both the River Rock CS and Well Worn DSP with Early Espresso ink. Lsatly,
 I used images from the Daring Adventure stamp set and stamped directly on my piece of Well Worn DSP using Early Espresso and Not Quite Navy classic ink.


On another piece of River Rock CS, I used some background elements from the Daring Adventure and Extreme Elements sets stamping in Not Quite Navy and So Saffron classic ink. I again distressed the edges and sponged with Early Espresso ink. For the sentiment, I used my Early Espresso and Cajun Craze markers and stamped over the background elements. Then a layered it over a slightly larger peice of River Rock CS to complete the look. 
Daring Adventure (wood #122600; clear #122601)
Extreme Elements (wood only - 115181)
Come to my open house to Jan. 21, 2012 and check out other great Stampin Up products!
Click here for details about this event and to RSVP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...