Promotions & Upcoming Events

June 1, 2012
Release of new annual catalog

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Another card with the new Paper Doily Large Sizzlit


I previously posted a card I made using the new Paper Doily large sizzlit die. But I wanted to post another project I created and add more information and some tips about using the new Paper Doily die. So here I go!


Here is what the new Paper Doily looks like. The die itself measures about 5-1/4" x 4-7/16". You can use it to cut your favorite Stampin Up cardstock or DSP.









For this card, I used a piece of Blueberry Crisp DSP (retired), measuring about 5-1/4" x 4-1/4."
To build the "sandwich" using the large sizzlit, layers your materials in the following order (from the bottom up): Multipurpose Platform at tab 1, standard cutting pad, large sizzlit die, material, standard cutting pad.

Note: When you purchase a Big Shot, it comes with the standard cutting pads and the multipurpose platform.





Feed your "sandwich" through your BigShot, and this is what you'll get. It is hard to see in the photo, but all of the intricate details of the Paper Doily have been cut out for you. All that is left to do, is punch out the excess paper.


This is what the doily looks like once all the little pieces have been punched out. I put it down against a piece of basic gray cardstock so you could see it better.


To create this card, I actually only used half of the paper doily. Using my 1-3/4" circle punch, I punched a circle from Perfect Plum CS, cut it in half, adhered one half behind the center of the doily. Then I embellished it even more by adding rhinestones.
Card Recipe:
Paper: Cajun Craze CS; Basic Gray CS, Perfect Plum CS, Confetti White CS, Bueberry Crisp DSP, Bashful Blue CS
Ink: Perfect Plum, Bashful Blue, Old Olive, Basic Gray
Stamps: Rue Des Fleurs, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Accessories: Rhinestones; Old Olive Ribbon, Silver Hodgepodge Hardware, crystal effects
Tools: Big Shot, Stripes embossing folder, decorative label punch, dotted scallop ribbon border punch, 1-3/4" circle punch


I also used the Rue Des Fleurs stamp set. I colored the image with my many marvelous markers, and filled the corset image with crystal effects to add some texture. Lastly, I added some pearls for a little more elegance.
Thank you for reading today's post! Don't forget, I will be having an open house at my home on Saturday Jan. 21, 2012 where you can check out the current Idea Book & Catalog, the new 2012 Occasions Mini, and more cards and projects! Check out my calendar for more details!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...