Promotions & Upcoming Events

June 1, 2012
Release of new annual catalog

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Taking Advantage of a Good Sale

Michaels is having a really good sale on picture frames this week....most of them are buy one, get one free. So I just had to take advantage of it and stock up on a bunch of different picture frames. I didn't really go to Michaels with any specific project in mind, but I knew that once I got home with the different frames I would come up with something...and I did! We have this one 8x10 print from our wedding I had tucked away because I hadn't gotten around to displaying it yet. Well, check out what I created using one of the frames I picked up from Michaels this week!


I should have taken a picture of the frame before I dressed it up, but it was just a white frame that already had that tarnished look to it with a white photo mat insert. After I inserted the photo, it still looked to plain to me. So I removed the photo and decided it wouldn't hurt to embellish the photo mat a little bit. I really coudn't help myself!

I used the Baroque Border stampin wheel to create the border and stamped in Soft Suede ink. Then I sponged the edges with more Soft Suede ink to give it more of a vintage feel.  The word "LOVE" was created with Stampin Up chipboard letters sponged with Cherry Cobbler ink.


I used the Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die to create the butterfly embellishment. I used Baja Breeze cardstock stamped with the Medallion stamp after cutting the bigger butterfly. Then cut a smaller butterfly out of Glimmer Paper. I added additional accent with basic pearls.


Check out this finished project in person at my open house on Jan. 21st.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...