Promotions & Upcoming Events

June 1, 2012
Release of new annual catalog

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sweet & Simple Sunday - Party Projects

This past weekend was pretty jam packed with baby showers and birthday parties, so instead of the usual Sweet & Simple Sunday card project, I wanted to showcase some of the items used to decorate and liven up my girlfriend's baby shower. I helped out by creating the party favors and cupcake toppers. The first photo below is a picture of the dessert table my god sister put together for her sister's baby shower.


Isn't her set up just the best?! She bought these oh so delicious cupcakes, created mini smores desserts in mini shot glasses, chocolate cookies shaped in mustaches, and brought in beautiful flowers to accent the table! Everything looked great!


I created the mini milk carton party favors using Stampin Up's Mini Milk Carton die and my Big Shot. I alternated between So Saffron, Wild Wasabi, and Marina Mist card stock for the cartons, then decorated them with Just Add Cake DSP. For added embellishment, I used the My Digital Software, Little Additions digital brush set, and Many Mustaches digital brush set to print out the images to stick on the front of the cartons. Finally, I used Stampin Up's mini clothespins to hold one end of the mini milk cartons together.















I also used MDS to create the mustache cupcake toppers. After printing it on Marina Mist CS, I punched the images out with my 1 1/4" circle punch, and layered it on a piece of Just Add Cake DSP punched with my scallop square punch. I then used my hot glue gun to adhere the toothpick to the back.


In addition to the dessert table, my aunt labored in the kitchen and satisfied our appetites with homemade mac n' cheese, grilled cheese sandwiches, sliders, french fries, and some other awesome goodies!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...