Promotions & Upcoming Events

June 1, 2012
Release of new annual catalog

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Just for some fun

As the release of the new Stampin Up catalog quickly approaches, I decided it was about time for me to take a quick inventory of my stash of supplies so that I figure out where I am going to store the new stuff I just know I am going to want to buy! As I was doing this I came across some retired DSP called Morning Sunshine that I had found in the SU Clearance Rack, and had yet to use. Even though this DSP uses some retired colors, many of the current colors make a great, if not, perfect substitute.
Here is my card.

I just love the bright colors of this retired DSP. Some of retired colors used here included Summer Sun and Kiwi Kiss. However, Daffodil Delight and Old Olive make great substitutions. This retired DSP also featured a recently reintroduced color as well - Pacific Point!

Card Recipe
Paper: Old Olive CS; Brights Paper Pack DSP; Morning Sunshine DSP (retired)
Stamps: Language of Friendship; Send me Soaring
Ink: Pacific Point; Bashful Blue
Tools: 2-3/8" and 1-3/4" scallop circle punch, bird builder punch, build a cupcake punch, 1" circle punch; 1 3/4" circle punch
Accesories: chocolate chip scallop polka dot ribbon

 
This sketch was inspired by a card I made at fellow SU demonstator Cindy Elam's card class a few months ago. We made a card creating a similar tree and a I just had to recreate it here! =) She also posts great stuff on her Heart's Delight Cards Blog.


Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...